The Collagen Maker
Wouldn’t it be great if we could make more collagen, elastin repair scar tissue and ultimately heal itself! The skin is a remarkable organ that can in fact heal, repair and rejuvenate itself, however as we age its ability to do this becomes impaired and slows down.
What is Collagen?
A protein found in connective tissues of your body, collagen gives your skin support and elasticity while keeping it supple and firm. Collagen breaks down from your mid 20s collagen starts to deplete at a rate of 1-1.7% each year and when its gone its gone or is it?
Thanks to modern aesthetic treatments and skin specific therapies the signs of chronological ageing can targeted and treated to bring out a more youthful appearance.
One of the most impactful therapies that treats a wide range of skin concerns and delivers
highly dramatic results is microneedling.
Microneedling is a treatment that goes by many names in addition to Microneedling – Derma Rolling, DermaPen, Needling and my personal favourite, Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT.
The treatment can use various style of tools to perform the service but the ultimate goal and effect is the same regardless. Versions of the microneedling treatment have been around since the 1950s but in recent years the technology and tools available to deliver the treatment have made it more efficient.
What is the Goal of Microneedling?
To promote self-healing of the skin and allow delivery of active ingredients into the deeper dermal layers of the skin, driving impressive results.
How Does it Promote Self-Healing?
Created deliberate micro punctures to the skin tissue which triggers a chain reaction in the skin which ultimately causes it to go into repair mode. Causing this precise and careful trauma to the skin forces a cascade of various enzymes to produce in the skin that lead to a magical result.
What is the Result?
The benefits of microneedling on the face or body:
- Improves acne scar tissue
- Minimise Fine lines and wrinkles
- Plumps Cheeks
- Tightens sagging skin tissue
- Improves skin texture & tone
- Minimises pores
- Minimises stretch marks & scar tissues
- Maximises absorption of active solutions and ingredients
- Suitable for most skins
- Minimal downtime
One of the best effects of microneedling is that the results just keep coming! You can expect to see results immediately however after the first week when the skin has repaired fully you will really start to see real impact. The treatment results will continue to come in the weeks that follow for up to 8 weeks. Like with many aesthetic treatments, a course of treatment brings the biggest change.
Things to Remember…
- Make sure you prepare the skin in advance, hydrate, reinforce and protect.
- Book when you have some time off work as the skin can be quite sensitized, red and delicate.
- The treatment is virtually pain free but it is not a luxurious relaxing facial but the results will be worth the investment.
- Always have your treatment done with a skin professional – Don’t try this one at home!
- To get the most from your treatment invest in good homecare products to enhance and prolong the results.
- This is a fantastic treatment ahead of a special event like a wedding for bride or mother of the bride.
Sign me up! Where can I go?
To find out more about Microneedling or book a consultation, contact the excellent Araya Beauty located in Dublin, these guys are experts in the area of advanced skin treatments.